Happy New Year!!
I took an unplanned, unexpected break from blogging from Thanksgiving until now … I experienced a death in my family just 10 days before Christmas. The toll it took on me surprised me. A lot.
I really needed to take a break. So I did.
As this year kicks off, I’m still recovering from that. It is taking time for me to get back into the swing of things after a holiday season that was unlike any other I’ve known …Yet I’m still excited for all the possibilities 2014 has to offer!! It’s going to be epic and life-changing for me and those I hold dear, both personally and professionally.
I’m starting off with a huge bang as I prepare to take my SPHR exam on January 31st! My nights are spent studying and practicing for it. More on that in future posts.
I’m also lining up more speaking engagements and different writing assignments for this year. I’m still a monthly contributor at Performance I Create (which I highly recommend you subscribe to, if you haven’t. The talent in that group is bananas!). And I still work full-time at my desk as the HR Director … Can’t stop. Won’t stop.
While I get back to work and SPHR study, I encourage you to take one last look at the Top 10 posts of 2013:
10) The Best Thing about LinkedIn
9) Book Review — “Reality-Based Rules of the Workplace” by Cy Wakeman
8) Crying e-Wolf: A Lesson in Email Etiquette
5) “Bow Down” — HR Lessons from Beyonce
4) The One Negative of my HR Florida Experience
3) Workforce Trends HR Cannot Afford to Ignore
1) Everything I Know about HR, I Learned Pledging DST
Be the first to comment